Autodesk Prodsmart allows you to customize the mapping of how each column is uploaded into Prodsmart, by defining how the Workers Import will read your Excel files.
This means that if you have an export from other systems, you can create a template to read it in Autodesk Prodsmart and re-use it whenever you need to, without having to adjust the Excel/.csv columns and formatting the data to Prodsmart.
Let's assume we have the export available on image below. We'll instruct the importer to map column A-F to a specific entity in Prodsmart.
1. To start, go to (1) Workers-> (2) Import -> (3) Manage Imports.
2. In this page you can manage already created imports, or add new ones. Click "+Add import" to create your first custom import.
3. Choose the file you want to import. The name will be automatically populated with the file name, but you can edit it. You can also decide to ignore header lines. Afterwards, click "Upload Sample File".
4. On the following page, Autodesk Prodsmart will read your import file, let you know what’s written in the headers and give you sample data of the content in the initial cells for each of these columns.
Here, you can map the Excel columns to any available field. For example, in the image below column A is being mapped as the worker name, B is the worker number, and so on until column F, which is mapped as the Worker Group.
5. Click Save Import. Afterwards, you will see the option to (1) import the recently created import in the workers list. You can also edit any existing mapping on the option (2) "⚙️ Manage imports".
To map one column to several pieces of information
In case you'd like to map one column to several fields, you can click on “+Add field” on the Field Setup column.
Map fixed fields that are not in your import
After mapping the relevant columns, you can also click "+Add field mapping" (in the bottom of the page).
This field is particularly relevant in case you want to add information that is constant and it's not available in the Excel file. For example, the Language in this company is always English for all workers.
To do this, select (1) the language option, and (2) click 'Add conversion'.
In the 'Add Conversion' option, select the option "Set fixed value" and type "en" on the fixed value box.
As mentioned before, when mapping fields you can add custom conversions. These will change how Prodsmart reads and imports the information from your file into Prodsmart.
There are several different types of custom conversions that can be set up, here is what they do:
Set prefix : Set a prefix on all values being imported for this column.
Set suffix : Set a suffix on all values being imported for this column.
Find and Replace : Allows you to replace a string of text with another every time the import is read.
Remove leading zeros : Removes zeros from the left side of any number that is read from this column.
Set fixed value : This replaces any value that is on the chosen column with what you input in this conversion.
If you still have some doubts about the ‘Configurable Products Import’, feel free to reach out in our live-chat feature or directly to your CSM.