Autodesk Prodsmart enables you personalize your product by filling some fields according to your set up needs, such as: Families, Variable Parameters, etc. To learn more about it click here.
In this article we will see how to use a specific option 'Box quantity': you can use this field in case your product is produced in boxes throughout the shop floor.
How to set it up?
The 'Box quantity' field is available under the '+Advanced fields' of the product and can be added upon creation or after, when editing your product.
1. Edit or create a product and open the advanced fields.
2. In the example below a 'Box quantity' of 50 was added to the 'Box Product'.
3. Create a production order for this product. The box quantity information will also appear under the '+Advanced fields' of the Production order. By default, the Box quantity value for the Production Order migrates from the product. You can also edit this field afterwards.
In the tablet
When inserting production if we select the Production order 'ProdO-325', product 'Box Product' and operation no changes will be noticed. This setting will impact only in the check out.
1. Select the Production order
2. Select the Product
3. Select the operation.
4. Insert the quantity produced: In the check out, we insert the quantity of 100.
5. Insert the boxes in which you've been working on.
This is the new screen you'll have when using the option 'Box quantity'. If this option is not available please reach out to your customer success manager or through our live chat.
In the screen above you have 8 boxes available, since the production order was for 400 units and the box quantity for this product it is 50 units per box, Autodesk Prodsmart automatically sets up the needed number of boxes.
In the back office
The information of the boxes that were used it is now available in the production record and the production report.
1. Used boxes on the production record
2. Used boxes on the productions report
Header sheets options
If the field 'Box quantity' is in use, the header sheets can be printed individually (one per box) or all together. When printing it this pop-up will appear on the top of your screen.
In both options the information shown in the production order header sheet will be that it contains 400 units of ‘Box Product’ and the ‘Box Quantity’ for this product is 50.
If you select 'Cancel' only one page is printed with the 'Box Nr.' = 8 (total number of boxes).
If you select 'OK' you have in the 'Box Nr.' = 1/8 and you can print one page per box.
If you still don’t feel confident about the Box quantity option, feel free to reach out to us through our live-chat feature, or directly to your CSM.
Need help? Request a Autodesk Prodsmart expert to contact you here.