Autodesk Prodsmart allows you to import your Inventory Counts, so that you can guarantee the accuracy of your current inventory.
1. Go to ‘Inventory’ → ‘Inventory Counts’
2. Select the option Import
3. You can choose to import or to download a file template in case you are not sure which columns to include. In case you choose to download the file template, in the right side of the page, you will find an option to download it. After choosing the most convenient format, an excel/csv file with the correct headers will be exported into your computer.
4. Choose the excel/csv file to import and click in ‘Start to send’.
The file should be previously prepared as follows:
Inventory Count code (Column A): unique identifier of the ‘Inventory Count’.
As of Date (B): date considered for the inventory adjustments.
Depending on your User ‘locale’, the "As of date" format varies. It is possible to verify the date format of your company in the creation page of an inventory count. If you need help on how to access this page please select here.
Warehouse (C): select one in case you want a specific warehouse to be counted.
Deviation Threshold (D): acceptable difference value that might occur from an inventory count versus the existing stock on the date defined ‘As of date’ (in percentage %).
Workers (Numbers, separated by commas) (E): choose the workers that will be assigned to the inventory count; if empty, all workers can perform this inventory count.
Warehouse Location (F): if you want to filter your inventory count in a specific location of the chosen warehouse. If this field is empty, all locations of the warehouse are available in this inventory count.
Product code (G): code for the product you are creating a count for, write the product code in case you want to count a specific product in the selected locations.
Lot (H): you can also filter your inventory count by lot/batch number by inserting the desired one here.
1. Consider formatting the columns in text before you begin filling;
2. Do not use formulas in cells;
3. Only the first page of the file is imported. You can use other pages but only the first one will be taken into account.
4. The import only accepts 1001 lines at the time, if you have more than 1001 lines you will have to separate them into several imports.
5. Read carefully the warnings that may appear:
Red warnings - the system will not import the line with the warning, because something is wrong and a workaround cannot be applied. Nevertheless, you can ignore a line and import the rest of the file, by clicking in ‘Ignore line’.
6. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button and your Inventory Count has been uploaded!
If after reading this article you still have some doubts, feel free to reach out to us through our Live-chat feature, or directly to your CSM.
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.