Now that you know how to create a client, in Autodesk Prodsmart, you might want to add all your Clients in bulk to save time. To do this you can use our Excel/.csv importer, as we will show you in this article.
To do this, make sure to download the template we provide so you know how to fill information in.
1. On the left menu, click in ‘Sales orders’ and then ‘Clients’
2. Click in ‘Import Clients’
3. Download the template file and fill out the columns accordingly. Only the Client Code and Name are mandatory fields and here you can get an explanation on all fields that you can add :
Client Code (Column A): Unique identifier for this client.
Client Name (B): Name for this Client.
Vat Number (C): Vat Number for the Client.
Address Code (D): Unique Code to the Client's Address.
Address Name (E): Unique Name to the Client's Address.
Address (F): Client's Address.
City (G) : City where the address is located.
Postal Code (H) : Postal Code for the Client Address.
State (I) : State where the address is located.
Country (J) : Country where the address is located (Two letter abreviation, examples:"US","PT","UK")
Is Default Address (K) : You can add a Yes or No to make this address the default address for this client.
Contact Name (L) : Name for a contact you can associate with this Client.
Contact Phone (M) : Phone number for the contact.
Contact Email (N) : Email address for the contact.
Is Default Contact (O): Can be answered with a Yes or No to make this the default contact for this Client.
You can add multiple addresses and contacts for a Client, to do this repeat the Client Code in the import and fill the remaining fills accordingly.
4. Choose the excel file to import and click in ‘Start to send’
5. Read carefully the warnings that may appear:
- Red warnings - the system will not import the line with the warning, because something is wrong and a workaround cannot be applied. Nevertheless, you can ignore a line and import the rest of the file, by clicking ‘Ignore line’.
- Yellow warnings - the system will import the line with the warning, and update de information. If it's incorrect, you can also ignore a line and import the rest of the file, by clicking ‘Ignore line’.
6. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button and your ‘Clients’ have been uploaded!
If you still have some doubts about the ‘Clients Importer’, feel free to reach out in our live-chat feature or directly to your CSM.
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.