Prodsmart allows you to manage your inventory, to keep track of the materials and products which are coming and going from your facility. This can be done in different ways using both the management interface and the mobile app.
One piece of information used when carrying out inventory management is the warehouse which the products are moving through. Therefore, creating these is an important step is within the system for keep track of inventory. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Inventory -> Warehouses from the side menu.
2. Click Add Warehouse
3. Complete the required fields of Code and Name, then Save Warehouse.
Create Warehouse Locations
You can also create Warehouse Locations, which are more specific items to define exactly where in a warehouse a product will be found.
To do this:
1. Select Inventory -> Warehouse Locations from the side menu.
2. Select Add Warehouse Location.
3. Again a Code and Name are required, as well as the corresponding Warehouse. You can also enter the row and shelf location within the warehouse, and specify the Preferred Products, which are those that are usually stored in this location.
4. Save the warehouse location.
Receiving & Shipping Inventory
With your warehouses now created, everything will be set up ready for workers to manage inventory through the mobile app. There are several features to use for this.
Inventory In And Out (formerly named "Shipping And Receiving")
First of all there is Shipping and Receiving, which is used to create stock out – Shipping – and stock in – Receiving – movements of your inventory, related to Products.
On the mobile app:
1. Select the Shipping and Receiving icon.
2. Enter the worker ID.
3. Select the Product.
4. Enter the quantity of product, and whether it is being Received or Sent.
5. If applicable, enter a Lot or Batch number and a comment.
6. Select the Warehouse.
7. Review the information is correct and if so select Submit to create the inventory update.
Receiving on the tablet
A slightly different feature is Receiving, to receive products and also associate them to a certain Purchase Order. On the mobile app:
1. On the mobile app select the Receiving icon
2. Contrary to before, Autodesk Prodsmart ask for the Purchase Order which is being received for.
3. The workflow is almost identical to Shipping and Receiving, requiring the Product, Quantity and Warehouse to be input.
Receiving in the management interface
It is also possible to register receiving inventory items in the management interface. In here:
1. Go to the Purchase Order page, select the name of the Purchase Order you want to receive for.
2. Select the Receive icon from the right-hand side of the page.
If there are multiple products associated with the Purchase Order you can use the checkboxes on the left to set which ones to include. You can then adjust the date they were received, the quantity and enter a Lot or Batch number.
3. Once you have completed the information select Confirm.
4. Back in the main Purchase Orders page you can view the Status of each of these, which shows the percentage of the products received so far. By selecting More Info, under Status, you can view this broken down into the quantity received and ordered per product.
Shipping in the management interface
Autodesk Prodsmart enables you to input Shippings from the management interface, to deduct shipped units from your inventory once they have been sent to clients, and provide a visual indication of Sales Order completeness. To do this:
1. Go to the Sales Order page from the side menu, select the Sales Order.
2. Scroll down and select the Ship icon.
3. You can then specify the Date of shipping, quantity shipped, lot or batch number, and the pallet the product was sent on, if these have been set up from Shipping Package Types within the Sales Orders list.
4. Select Confirm once you have completed the desired information.
5. On the main Sales Order page you will see two status bars, the first one being for the Shipment Status which will update after inputting these shippings.
Moving Inventory Internally
Back in the mobile app, there are some further features which can be used for defining inventory movement. Beware that using these features require adding the button from the Tablet user’s settings.
The first is the Inventory Move, used to track a product moving from one location to another within your factory. Using this button requires:
1. Selecting the Inventory Move button on the tablet
2. Selecting the warehouse and warehouse location where you are picking your inventory from
3. Tapping on by the warehouse and location where you are dropping your inventory to.
4. Selecting product which is being moved - only products with stock in the pickup location will be shown here. The lot must be also chosen afterwards.
5. Inserting the quantity that is being moved.
6. Submitting once you have checked all of the information is correct.
Inventory Pick/Drop is a very similar to Inventory Move: the main difference being that you can pick or drop at multiple locations, and select to only pick the products leaving the dropping until later.
Inventory Movement Reports
Once you have carried out these internal inventory movements, you can view the log of this information in the management interface from the Inventory Movements page, from below Inventory in the side menu.
For further information you can use the Reports page. In here change the report type to Inventory Movements from the list at the top.
Extracting the report requires only the time span field. You can apply any filters you wish and have the option to show the Workers column, which will display which worker made the movement, and the Comments column to display any comments they added.
When ready select Generate Report, and like with any Prodsmart report this can then be exported as an Excel or PDF file.