To better explain to you how to use the ‘Inventory Count’ button, we will use the example created in the ‘How Inventory Counts work’ article. Check the image below to see this Inventory Count details.
To perform Inventory Count with your tablet, follow these steps:
1. Setup your mobile device to configure the ‘Inventory Count’ button and make it available.
2. Select ‘Inventory Count’ on your device.
3. Select the Inventory Count task you want to perform.
4. Select the Warehouse where you want to start your inventory count.
Note that all warehouses will appear in this screen, but the ones that require a Count in the selected inventory count will be highlighted. In our example, the highlighted warehouses are ‘Receiving’ and ‘Warehouse 2’.
5. Choose the warehouse location you want to start with.
6. Choose the Product present in the location and that you will be counting. If the warehouse location has no stock, you can click in ‘Is empty’ and Autodesk Prodsmart will prompt you to step 9.
7. After choosing a product, the ‘Lot/Batch Number’ will be asked.
8. Insert the counted quantity of the selected product.
9. You’ll be shown the confirmation screen, where you can see the ‘Count Entry’ - you can ‘Edit’ it, ‘Confirm and Add Another’ or ‘Finish Counting’.
10. Let’s consider that you just found out 2 extra pieces of wood: you can add another entry and perform all steps from step 6 to 9 - two ‘Count Entry’ will be created, one for 5 units of Wood and other for the extra 2 units of Wood. Once you’re done, you can click ‘Finish Counting’ and you’re all set!
Now that you finished your inventory count, you can check the records you just created in the backoffice - learn more about it here.
Pro-tip: you can read a barcode to skip steps 4, 5 and 6.
If after reading this article you still have some doubts, feel free to reach out to us through our Live-chat feature, or directly to your CSM.
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.