Autodesk Prodsmart allows you to manage your inventory. It gives you the possibility to perform ‘Internal Inventory Movements’ through the back-office or with your mobile device.
When you want to do ‘Internal Inventory Movements’ with your mobile device, there are two options:
1. Use ‘Inventory Move’ to move them instantly;
2. Use ‘Inventory Pick/Drop’ to register when the operator picks the item from its current location and drops it in the new location.
When should you use ‘Inventory Move’ or ‘Inventory Pick/Drop’?
The main difference between ‘Inventory Move’ and ‘Inventory Pick/Drop’ is that, while in ‘Inventory Move’ you can only choose one pick and one drop location, in ‘Inventory Pick/Drop’ you can choose more than one pick and drop locations.
Also, in ‘Inventory Move’, the movement of the products is instantly, while in ‘Inventory Pick/Drop’ you can pick the products in one moment and drop them later.
With ‘Inventory Move’, you can choose the warehouse and warehouse location that you want to move your inventory from; and select where you want to move it to (by selecting the products and lot/batch numbers you are moving).
Follow the steps to learn how to use ‘Inventory Move’:
1. Setup your mobile device to configure the ‘Inventory Move’ button and make it available.
2. Select ‘Inventory Move’ on your device.
3. Choose the warehouse and warehouse location you are picking your inventory from.
4. Choose the warehouse and warehouse location you are dropping your inventory to.
5. Now that you’ve selected the picking and dropping points, you can select the product you are moving - only products with stock in the selected picking location will appear in this screen. Let’s see what happens when we choose Sugar.
6. In case you are managing lot/batch numbers, you’ll be able to select the one that you want to move - you’ll be shown the lot/batch number on the top and the quantity available on the bottom of each blue square. For now, we are selecting lot/batch number ‘4994’ with quantity ‘25’.
7. Insert the quantity you are moving and click ‘Ok’.
8. You can now add a comment to the move you are making, add more products to move, or confirm all the movements in the ‘Submit’ button.
Pro Tip: You can use a barcode reader, to read products and lot barcodes on steps 5 and 6.
All done! You have successfully performed an internal ‘Inventory Move’.
An internal inventory movement was registered - you can check it in the back-office, in the ‘Inventory Movements’ page.
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.