You can quickly add colors to your products using the products menu or the import file for products.
To add colors using the Products Menu, please follow the next steps:
1. Go to the Products’ menu
Click on (1) Products, on the left side of the screen, and then (2) select the product you want to add a Color to.
2. Add color
Scroll down on the product page and you will find the field Color. Select the color you wish - you can use RGB, HSL, or HEX (1) and then select the checkbox on the right (2). Do not forget to save.
When you have a production order for that product, you will be able to see the color on the Header Sheet (1) and on the Production order selection screen (2), on the mobile device.
You can use colors for several purposes, here are a few suggestions:
- Grab the attention of your team to a specific product with a very well-defined and special characteristic - Imagine the situation when one of your products is using a very rare and expensive raw material;
- Organize the products by their family, which will make it much easier for your team to select different products from the same family or type. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with Multi Production Orders or with Batch Orders, for example;
- Use a color code to identify urgency or priority of orders;
- Assign a product its actual color - If you are manufacturing blue shirts, you can make the button blue!
- Depending on your planning, this color code can also be helpful to prevent your workers from forgetting a product or production order;
- In case you implement a color organization of your products, it can save you time on setting up machines.