A machine is any tool, instrument or device that is relevant to perform a specific operation.
After you have set the necessary operations to produce a product, you now have to create the machines which are going to be used in each operation.
1) Main Panel
From the Main panel, access the Machines panel by pressing "Machines" in the sidebar.
2) Machines Panel
In the Machines panel press “+Add Machine”.
3) Machine Form
In the machine’s form, complete the fields:
- “Code” – the unique machine identifier;
- “Name” – which purpose is to easily identify the machine;
- "Automatic" – if it is set to "automatic", the worker can put several machines to work, and thus the worker is not tied to the machine;
- "Production can not be closed by other workers" – the production using this machine can only be closed by the worker that opened it;
- "Parallel production" – if the machine is set to parallel production, it can be used to produce different products at the same time, and thus the machine is not tied to the product.
The fields “Parameters” and “Reason codes” are not mandatory and, for now, you can leave them blank.
After completing the required fields in the form to create a new machine, “Code” and “Name”, press “Save Machine”.
5) The End
Congratulations! You have created your machine!
Now that you know how to insert machines into the system, read more about how to create a production order.