In Autodesk Prodsmart it is possible to create regular one-time Maintenance Orders and Recurring Maintenance Orders, whether the Maintenance Order you are creating is to happen one single time or to be a recurring event on your calendar.
How to create a Single Maintenance Order?
1. On the left menu, click in Maintenance Orders, under the Maintenance tab. Then, click ‘+Add Maintenance Order’.
2. Fill all the fields with the relevant information about this Maintenance Order.
Asset*: Choose the Machine or the Component you want to create the order for.
Code*: Needs to be a unique code for every Maintenance Order.
Description*: Provide a detailed enough self-explanatory description of the Maintenance Order.
Due date: Set the due date for the Maintenance Order.
Estimated Duration: Define the estimated duration for the entire performance of the Maintenance Order.
Priority*: Select the level of Priority of the Maintenance Order.
Type of Maintenance: Select the box, either it is a Preventive or corrective Maintenance Operation; in case you want to create recurring maintenance orders, you must select maintenance type as preventive. Learn more about recurring maintenance orders here.
Assigned Workers/Performed by External Entity: you can assign specific workers to the maintenance order or mark it as “Performed by external entity”, in case it is an outsourced activity.
* these fields will be visible for workers in the tablet
3. Click ‘Save Maintenance Order’, ‘Save and continue editing’ or ‘Save and add other’ if you want to add another Maintenance Order. Your Maintenance Order is created and you can see it in your Maintenance Orders list.
You can navigate through this list by selecting “Open”, “Closed”, “Archived” or “Pending Requests”.
Note: You can check how to create a Maintenance Request in this article.
In the ‘Actions’ column, you are able to close the order, mark it as completed, archive it or delete it.
How to include Spare Parts in a Maintenance Order for a machine?
In case your Maintenance Order requires a part to be replaced, you can add those parts doing the following:
1. Go to the Machine you want to add a spare part to. In the bottom of the page, click in ‘Materials/Spare Parts used’. Add the product that behaves as a spare part of the machine, as well as the quantity needed; firstly, you need to create the product; you can add more than one product as spare parts.
You can also add a spare part when creating the maintenance order (as shown in the picture below) or while recording the maintenance work on the tablet.
2. Click ‘Save Machine’ or ‘Save and continue editing’. The Machine was updated.
You are now ready to start performing the Maintenance Work on your mobile device.
If you need any help or clarification regarding 'Maintenance Orders', feel free to reach out to us through our Live Chat feature or directly through your CSM!
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.