The visible buttons on your tablet will allow workers to perform specific operations on the shop floor, such as registering production, a machine downtime or a quality checklist.
There are currently 19 buttons available on Autodesk Prodsmart but we highly recommend you to setup your shop floor tablet for an easier and faster user experience.
You can create as many Tablet profiles as you need, according to different utilizations of Autodesk Prodsmart: One for Workers who need to Insert Productions and other with access to Quality features, for instance.
Edit your Tablet users
On the users menu, Edit one of your users defined as a Tablet
2. Scroll down the User's Editing page until you find the Tablet buttons field. The gray boxes represent all the buttons that are currently visible on your Shop Floor Tablet.
3. To add new buttons, you must select them on the Add Tablet Buttons box.
4. To remove buttons, you need to click on the X on the right side of each button
5. To rearrange the visible buttons, you need to drag the gray boxes until they reach the desired position.
6. You can add a Section to a tablet user if you want to assign a tablet to a specific section, the user only sees productions and information related to that section.
7. "Allow to create new production with the same worker at the end of production input" - Ticking this box will create a new button for the user when ending production to "Confirm and Create another".
This will finish the current production and redirect the user to the Production Order select screen immediately.
8. Press Save User to save your changes to the tablet user.
How will my shop floor tablet look?
We recommend you to select only the buttons that your workers need to use and to order them by using frequency.
Below are two examples of two different tablet setups, according to different needs.
Need help? Request a Prodsmart expert to contact you here.