Prodsmart defines a product as being a series of operations through which a raw material goes.
After creating the product’s reference in the system, it is necessary to set the operations which transform the raw material into that same product, associating them to the product’s reference in the system.
1) Main Panel
From the Main panel, access the Operations panel by pressing "Operations" in the sidebar.
2) Operations Panel
In the Operations panel press “+Add Operation”.
3) Operation Form
In the operation’s form, you type:
- “Code” – the unique operation identifier;
- “Name” – which purpose is to easily identify any operation;
- “Product” – select the respective product from the list (you can easily find by using the search field);
- “Execution Time” – the average time that this operation takes to execute, in theory;
- “Customer Time” – time set in budget;
- “Quantity produced within the set time” - volume of product produced in each instance of this operation;
- “N. of times per product” - execution of this operation per unit of product, i.e., the number of times an operation has to be performed to produce a unit of product.
The fields “Waste”, “Indicators”, “Machine” and “Optional” are not mandatory and, for now, you can leave them blank.
After completing the required fields in the form to create a new operation, “Code”, “Nome”, “Product”, “Execution Time”, “Customer Time”, “Quantity produced in the set time” e “N. of times per product”, press “Save Operation”.
5) The End
Congratulations! You have created your operation and you have associated it with a product!
Now that you already know how to create operations, know how to insert a machine into the system.