Prodsmart defines a product as a series of operations through which a raw material goes.
After creating the product’s reference in the system, it is necessary to set the operations which transform the raw material into that same product and associate both the operations and the product.
1) Main Dashboard
From the Main dashboard, access the Products screen by clicking on "Products" in the sidebar.
2) Products Screen
In Products choose the product to which you want to add a new operation, by pressing the code or the "Edit" button.
3) Add a New Operation
In the Product window, click in " +Add Operation".
4) Operation Form
In the Operation form, you must fill:
- “Code” – the unique operation identifier;
- “Name” – which purpose is to easily identify any operation;
- “Task Duration” – the average time that the operation usually takes - in theory;
- “Task Duration Customer” – time that was set in the budget;
- “Quantity ratio” - Quantity of product produced at the specified time
- “N. of times per product” - Execution of this operation per unit of product, i.e., the number of times an operation has to be performed to produce a unit of product.
The other fields are not mandatory and for now you can leave them blank.
After completing the required fields to create a new operation, “Code”, “Nome”, “Task Duration”, “Task Duration Customer”, “Quantity ratio” e “N. of times per product”, press “Save Operation”.
Congratulations! You have created your operation and you have associated it with a product!
Now that you already know how to create operations, learn how to insert a machine into the system.